Whats New!

Friday, October 28, 2005

Bambi 2004

Posted by Picasa It was a brisk fall morning on Nov. 15th 2004 I had gotten out to our 80 acre pasture lot later than I would have like to but that is not unusual for me. So I walk the 1/2 mile to the back of our pasture lot where a 10ft or so wide stream runs horizontally accross our property I cross the stream and sit on the ground about 10ft from where a bow hunter had placed his tree stand leaning up against a tree waiting and waiting...about 10 minutes go by and I hear a few shots off in the distance and watch 2 does walk through about 30 yds out however I am not looking for doe's. As I watch the 2 does go out of site in the thick cover of the trees I hear another shot realatively close and then a couple of minutes later I see Bambi pitured above trotting about 10 yds from me courtering towards me as I pull up and take a single shot with my Mossberg 500 Series w/ a rifled slug barrel carrying a Weaver scope he drops in his tracks. My heart is just racing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home