Whats New!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Fishing @ Lake Interstate


This is the huge bass I caught about 9:30pm Tuesday night June 6th. My lovely wife is the one taking the pictures for me. Of course since I had not been fishing in so long I didn't know if it was in season or not I knew any bass that you keep needed to be over 14" long which this one was. Of course I didn't have anything to measure or weigh it. But proportionally from the picture I think it was about 16 1/2 inches. decent size keeper. But I ended up letting it go since I didn't know for sure if it was in season or not. Oh well the one that got away or maybe I should say let go. To no amazement I have been fishing that same spot for the past week and a half using the same lure trying at the same time and different times and cannot find that fish again. At least I got pictures so its not just a fish story.
I think that's the first bass I caught that was a keeper since I went fishing with Phil Bickel way back when I was about 16 or 17 I think. Haven't really been into fishing since then but am realizing how much fun it is, and quite relaxing to boot. Oh yeah I caught that thing on a floating yellow fly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home